Good morning friends of Care and Share!
Since October is Rural Hunger month, we wanted to share with you our service area map. This map demonstrates how many counties, 26 out of 31, within our service area (outlined in orange) are rural.
- Employment is more concentrated in low-wage industries
- Unemployment and underemployment are greater
- Education levels are lower
- Work-support services, such as flexible and affordable child care and public transportation, are less available
- The rural marketplace offers less access to communication and transportation networks and offers companies less access to activities that foster administration, research and development.