Become a Volunteer
Your time is valuable and you want to put it to good use.
We love that about our volunteers! Why not invest it in the important work of making sure our neighbors have the food they need to thrive? It’s easy, fun, and so important in our ability to get the work done.
Whether you are 6 or 106 years old, we can use your help. Volunteers first attend an orientation, where you will meet other awesome people who want to get involved.
Orientations are Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. or Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. at the food bank in Colorado Springs and at 2:00 p.m. on the second Friday of each month in Pueblo. Orientations last about 45 minutes. No need to sign up, just show up ready to learn about all the ways you can help us feed people in Southern Colorado.
Have you been referred to us by the local or state court system for court ordered community service? Required orientation is held at 3 p.m. each Friday at our distribution center in Colorado Springs. You must be at least 18 years of age. Contact our sorting and packing coordinator at 719-434-4687 for more information.
Important safety policies for all volunteers:
- Volunteers ages 6-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering
- Children 6-10 years old must have 1 adult per 3 children
- All shoes must be closed toed with no open backs
- All shirts must have sleeves (no muscle shirts)
- No overly loose pants are allowed
- Cell phone use is limited to the employee/volunteer break room
- No headphones (music, Bluetooth) are allowed in the volunteer areas or the distribution center
- Please leave your valuables at home, covered or in the trunk of your vehicle
- Horse playing is prohibited
- Only designated Care and Share employees are allowed to ride or operate forklift equipment
- Personal food or drinks are allowed only in the employee/volunteer breakroom
- During fall/winter months dress in warm layers
- This facility houses and processes food that may contain, or come into contact with, the following allergens: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans.
- NEW: Volunteers that arrive more than 10 minutes after the shift begins will be asked to return for another shift at a different time.