Become a Volunteer
Your safety is important to us and we rely on healthy volunteers. Please stay home if you are sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home.
Click here for the Volunteer Orientation video. We've made it virtual in Colorado Springs temporarily due to COVID-19 precautions. During this time we will also pause tours for community groups in Colorado Springs.
Virtual Volunteer Orientation
Your time is valuable and you want to put it to good use, especially during difficult times.
We love that about our volunteers! Why not invest it in the important work of making sure our neighbors have the food they need to thrive? It’s easy, fun, and so important in our ability to get the work done.
During our COVID-19 precautions, we ask for healthy volunteers ages 16 and up.
Orientations are normally Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. or Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. at the food bank in Colorado Springs and at 2:00 p.m. on the second Friday of each month in Pueblo and last about 45 minutes. However, we've suspended orientations due to COVID-19 precautions. The orientation video is above!
Important safety policies for all volunteers:
- Volunteers ages 6-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering
- Children 6-10 years old must have 1 adult per 3 children
- All shoes must be closed toed with no open backs
- All shirts must have sleeves (no muscle shirts)
- No overly loose pants are allowed
- Cell phone use is limited to the employee/volunteer break room
- No headphones (music, Bluetooth) are allowed in the volunteer areas or the distribution center
- Please leave your valuables at home, covered or in the trunk of your vehicle
- Horse playing is prohibited
- Only designated Care and Share employees are allowed to ride or operate forklift equipment
- Personal food or drinks are allowed only in the employee/volunteer breakroom
- During fall/winter months dress in warm layers
- This facility houses and processes food that may contain, or come into contact with, the following allergens: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans.
- NEW: Volunteers who arrive more than 10 minutes after the shift begins will be asked to return for another shift at a different time.