Become a Volunteer
Your time is valuable and you want to put it to good use, especially during difficult times.
We love that about our volunteers! Why not invest it in the important work of making sure our neighbors have the food they need to thrive? It’s easy, fun, and so important in our ability to get the work done. During our COVID-19 precautions, we ask for healthy volunteers ages 9 and up. We've suspended in-person orientations due to COVID-19 precautions. You can watch the orientation video below.
Virtual Volunteer Orientation
We love groups of people from work or church or school. Getting organized requires some special scheduling. To schedule a group, please contact Brenda Spector at 719-434-4295 or BrendaS@careandshare.org.
Important safety policies for all volunteers:
- Volunteers ages 9-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering
- Children 9-10 years old must have 1 adult per 3 children
- All shoes must be closed toed with no open backs
- All shirts must have sleeves (no muscle shirts)
- No overly loose pants are allowed
- Cell phone use is limited to the employee/volunteer break room
- No headphones (music, Bluetooth) are allowed in the volunteer areas or the distribution center
- Please leave your valuables at home, covered or in the trunk of your vehicle
- Horse playing is prohibited
- Only designated Care and Share employees are allowed to ride or operate forklift equipment
- Personal food or drinks are allowed only in the employee/volunteer breakroom
- During fall/winter months dress in warm layers
- This facility houses and processes food that may contain, or come into contact with, the following allergens: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybeans.
- NEW: Volunteers who arrive more than 10 minutes after the shift begins will be asked to return for another shift at a different time.