General COVID-19 Volunteer Policy Updates
Dear Care and Share Volunteers,
We want to make sure we are in communication with you all about the efforts that we’re taking here at Care and Share Food Bank around COVID-19.
We continue to work with our partners to provide food throughout Southern Colorado, and we have a team in place monitoring and responding to the situation. Nutritious food is critical to maintain good health, so it’s more important than ever to reach our neighbors in need.
The safety and well-being of our staff, visitors, and volunteers is top priority. Because we rely on you so heavily, we’re taking several proactive measures.
- Stay home if you are sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home. Please e-mail me at Eric@careandshare.org if you need to cancel an upcoming shift.
- Please take all necessary precautions if you are immunocompromised or live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised. We support your decisions, including and up to a decision to temporarily suspend your own volunteering during this uncertain time. Please e-mail me at Eric@careandshare.org if you plan to suspend volunteering with us.
- We are implementing a no handshake policy at Care and Share while COVID-19 remains a concern. Please do not shake hands with staff, volunteer, or visitors. We recommend waving or verbally greeting people instead.
- Please use only the NORTHEAST volunteer entrance facing Constitution Avenue and our greenhouse.
- We request volunteers ages 16 and up.
- Please thoroughly and frequently wash your hands, and follow other guidelines provided by the CDC around disease containment.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we are discouraging volunteers who have traveled internationally, or have interacted with someone who has, to please not volunteer with us.