Masks: Latest COVID-19 Volunteer Policy Updates
We want to make sure we are in communication with you all about the efforts that we’re taking here at Care and Share Food Bank around COVID-19. We offer an essential service to the Southern Colorado community and we need volunteers to help us deliver that service to neighbors in need. Thank you for your support!
Latest updates 04/21/2020 at 8:30 AM:
How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
- In following the guidance from Governor Polis, please wear a fabric mask any time you leave your home and inside our facilities. All Care and Share team members will be doing the same. The state has created a website with resources on how to create your own mask or masks to donate here.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines. Those guidelines are intended to keep you safe and to comply with government public safety measures. Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. To practice social or physical distancing:
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
Read more from the CDC’s coronavirus resources here.
We continue to work with our partners to provide food throughout Southern Colorado, and we have a team in place monitoring and responding to the situation. Nutritious food is critical to maintain good health, so it’s more important than ever to reach our neighbors in need.
The safety and well-being of our staff, visitors, and volunteers is top priority. Because we rely on you so heavily, we’re taking several proactive measures.
- Stay home if you are sick. Individuals who arrive on site with symptoms will be sent home. Please e-mail me at Eric@careandshare.org if you need to cancel an upcoming shift.
- Please take all necessary precautions if you are immunocompromised or live with/care for someone who is immunocompromised. We support your decisions, including and up to a decision to temporarily suspend your own volunteering during this uncertain time. Please e-mail me at Eric@careandshare.org if you plan to suspend volunteering with us.
- We are implementing a no handshake policy at Care and Share while COVID-19 remains a concern. Please do not shake hands with staff, volunteer, or visitors. We recommend waving or verbally greeting people instead.
- Please use only the NORTHEAST volunteer entrance facing Constitution Avenue and our greenhouse.
- We request volunteers ages 16 and up.
- Please thoroughly and frequently wash your hands, and follow other guidelines provided by the CDC around disease containment.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we are discouraging volunteers who have traveled internationally, or have interacted with someone who has, to please not volunteer with us.