Good morning friends of Care and Share!
Yesterday marked the beginning of Hunger Action Month. For the entire month of September, we are asking you to fight hunger in your community. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to join a movement that has a real and lasting impact on our effort to feed more Southern Coloradoans.
This year’s theme is SpoontemberTM, a social media activation to engage the public and help raise awareness of the 1 in 6 Americans struggling with hunger. Spoontember supporters can share a ‘spoon selfie’ – an image of themselves balancing a spoon on their nose – along with hunger-related statistics and challenge a friend to do the same.
It’s easy to share a ‘spoon selfie’ and support Hunger Action Month:
- Grab a spoon
- Do your best to balance it on your nose
- Take a picture of your ‘spoon selfie’
- Post the image to your social media accounts to raise awareness and tag a friend to do the same. Here is some sample copy to get your started:
- I’m taking a spoon selfie to raise awareness for the 1 in 6 Americans struggling with hunger. I challenge (name) to join me! #Spoontember #HungerActionMonth @FeedingAmerica
- Join me and take a #Spoontember selfie to raise awareness for the 1 in 6 facing hunger! #HungerActionMonth @FeedingAmerica
- Use #Spoontember and #HungerActionMonth to help fuel the movement and don’t forget to tag @FeedingAmerica.
Care and Share staff have already joined in!
We hope you join us in the fight against hunger…now get that spoon on your nose!