In the past, Colorado taxpayers had a list of about 20 organizations to which they could donate their tax refund. This year taxpayers have the option to write in an organization of their choice. If you’re filing state taxes in Colorado, here are the three things you’ll need to contribute to Care and Share through the tax refund program:
- Organization Name: CARE AND SHARE INC.
- Other names accepted: CARE AND SHARE FOOD BANK, CARE AND SHARE INC., CARE AND SHARE FOOD BANK FOR SOUTHERN COLORADO
- Registration Number: 20023003529 **this is NOT Care and Share’s EIN **
- Amount of Donation – filled out by you!
- You can find registration numbers here at https://www.sos.state.co.us/ccsa/pages/search/basic.xhtml
- Turbo Tax will have a link to the site where donors can search organization. Donors will need to look for “Donate to a Colorado Fund.”
- You can only choose ONE write in organization to give to.
- You can give all or part of their refund, but they must have an accurate amount before donating. If the donated amount is more than your refund, the full amount will be cancelled.
- If you want a letter of acknowledgement from Care and Share, please provide something to our Development team that proves you donated through your Colorado State Tax refund.