Commodity Supplemental Food Program
Donate Now

Commodity Supplemental Food Program

Income Requirements csfp, care and share, food bank, food bank in colorado springs, food bank in Pueblo, find food, receive food, need food

What is CSFP? 

CSFP stands for Commodity Supplemental Food Program and is a Federal program that provides low-income seniors, age 60 and older, with extra food each month at NO COST!  Care and Share distributes the food to local organizations such as soup kitchens and food pantries near you.

How can I find out if I qualify for CSFP?
If you have a combined gross income that does not exceed the maximum income limit for the applicable household sizes listed below, you qualify!

CFAP Income Eligibility

What foods can I expect to receive?
Although the food may vary a bit, you can expect to receive a total of 9-10 items each month.

Food packages include a variety of foods, such as nonfat dry and ultra high-temperature fluid milk, juice, farina, oats, ready-to-eat cereal, rice, pasta, peanut butter, dry beans, canned meat, poultry, or fish and canned fruits and vegetables.

More good news! CSFP also provides nutrition education.  In each month’s box, you will find information about nutrition and receive a recipe incorporating one of the foods found in your box.

Have more questions? Below you'll find many of our frequently asked questions. If you can't find an answer, don't fret. We're here for you. Contact Us: or at 719-528-1247

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I sign up?

If you qualify for this program (see income guidelines above), visit a site that participates in the program with your picture ID and proof of age. If you don’t have a picture ID, you can bring a piece of mail, a rental agreement, or anything that shows your name and address at your current location. You will not need to bring proof of income documents. 

Q. Where is the CSFP distribution site nearest me?

There are a lot of CSFP distribution sites in Southern Colorado. Please click the orange boxes above to see a list of locations. 

Q. What do I need to bring with me to sign up?

Proof of residency

  • Drivers' license, rental agreement, utility bill, etc.

Proof of your age (60 or older)

  • Drivers' license, birth certificate or passport.

You will not need to bring proof of income documents. 

Q. Will I always have this food?

To continue receiving your monthly food box, you just need to pick up your box regularly. If you don’t pick up your box for three months in a row, you may be removed from the program.

Every year, your CSFP site manager will ask you to recertify for CSFP. By completing the recertification form they provide, you are notifying Care and Share that you would like to continue to receive CSFP benefits and that your financial situation has not significantly changed.

Q. Can somebody pick up my CSFP box for me?

Yes, if you are homebound and unable to pick up your CSFP box yourself, you may designate a proxy to pick up your CSFP box for you. A completed Proxy Form must be submitted to the site manager and your proxy must bring your picture ID with them to the distribution. The Proxy Form is valid for one year. Click here to download proxy form. Spanish Version

Q. Can I pick up my CSFP box at any site?

No, you are only allowed to pick up your CSFP box from the same location where you completed your application. If you move and need to pick up your box from another location, please notify Care and Share Food Bank within 10 days after the change becomes known to your household and we will coordinate this site transfer for you.

Q. What happens if I miss a distribution

If you don’t pick up your box for three months in a row, you will receive a letter from Care and Share Food Bank notifying you of your potential removal from the program. If you receive a program removal letter, please contact us within 30 days if you would like to remain in the program.

Q. Can I participate in CSFP and TEFAP at the same time?

Yes! If you are eligible to receive CSFP, you are automatically eligible to receive The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.