Calling volunteers and neighbors in need! We’re holding two large Mobile Food Pantry distributions outside both our Colorado Springs and Pueblo facilities this Saturday, November 9th and next Saturday, November 16th from 12-4 p.m.
Care and Share has two big goals: Saving 380,000 lbs. of highly nutritious food and supplying more than 1,000 neighbors. This abundance of food is a result of the trade mitigation and the tariffs placed on farmers preventing them to send it overseas. The timing works — as we start the holiday season when budgets are tight, we’re able to offer ample fresh produce and grocery staples ready for large-scale distributions to families and individuals.
If you’d like to volunteer to help us, please sign up for a a 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. shift for either or both weekends at one of our distribution centers. For this opportunity, we ask for volunteers ages 16 and up.
Sign up for Colorado Springs | Sign up for Pueblo
Colorado Springs facility is located at 2605 Preamble Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80915; ¼ mile east on Constitution from Powers.
The Pueblo facility is located at 100 Greenhorn Drive, Pueblo, CO 81004.
NEIGHBORS IN NEED
Here’s what neighbors attending the distribution need to know:
- Care and Share will be distributing food starting exactly at 12 p.m. lasting until 4 p.m. Neighbors will not be allowed to arrive early. There will be plenty of food.
- It is a drive-thru style distribution. Volunteers and staff will load food directly into vehicles.
- Neighbors will be asked several self-declared questions upon arrival, such as household size and income eligibility.
- We encourage people to come both weekends — we’ll supply recipes!
- Fresh produce and staple items will be given out such as apples, grapes, oranges, milk, frozen meats, beans and peanut butter.