Summer Food Service Program
Donate Now

Summer Food Service Program

What is the Summer Food Service Program? 

The Summer Food Service Program ensures that children continue to receive nutritious meals during the summer, when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast.  

In addition to the Summer Food Service Program, Care and Share will be operating a select number of Summer Mobile Food Pantries in Colorado Springs and Pueblo during the Summer Food Service Program hours of operation. To view a list of Summer Mobile Food Pantry locations, please click on the orange button below Care and Share Summer Mobile Food Pantries

Who can participate? 

All children 18 years of age and under who go to an approved site may receive free meals. A person 19 years of age and over who has a mental or physical disability (as determined by a State or local educational agency) and participates during the school year in a public or private non-profit school program may also receive free meals.

Important Note

Summer food sites change often. Please check back frequently to the links above (Both the Colorado Summer Food Finder and USDA Summer Food Finder) to see if additional sites have been added in your neighborhood. 

For more information or for bilingual resources, please call the Hunger Free Hotline toll-free at 855-855-4626. 

Por favor, tenga en cuenta que la información sobre los sitios de comidas de verano cambia con frecuencia. Por eso, visite este sitio regularmente para encontrar la información actualizada. Los sitios de comidas de verano se incluyen en la lista sólo durante el período que están abiertos. Una vez que el sitio deja de operar durante el verano, ya no aparecerá en el mapa.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: