Your time is valuable and you want to put it to good use.
We love that about our volunteers! Why not invest it in the important work of making sure our neighbors have the food they need to thrive? It’s easy, fun, and so important in our ability to get the work done.
Whether you are 6 or 106 years old, we can use your help. Volunteers first attend an orientation, where you will meet other awesome people who want to get involved.
Orientations are Tuesdays at 10:00am or Thursdays at 4:30pm at the food bank in Colorado Springs and at 2:00pm on the second Friday of each month in Pueblo. Orientations last about 45 minutes. No need to sign up, just show up ready to learn about all the ways you can help us feed people in Southern Colorado.
Important safety policies for all volunteers:
- Volunteers ages 6-16 must to be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering
- Children 6-10 years old must have 1 adult per 3 children
- All shoes must be closed toed with no open backs
- All shirts must have sleeves (no muscle shirts)
- No overly loose pants are allowed
- Cell phone use is limited to the employee/volunteer break room
- No headphones (music, Bluetooth) are allowed in the volunteer areas or the warehouse
- Purses and bags should be left in your vehicle
- Horse playing is prohibited
- Only designated Care and Share employees are allowed to ride or operate forklift equipment
- Personal food or drinks are allowed only in the employee/volunteer breakroom
- During fall/winter months dress in warm layers